Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Flooding Horror in Georgia

At least five people are reported dead and with roads and towns underwater, Sonny Perdue, the governor of Georgia has announced a state of emergency in 17 counties that have been worst hit by the flooding. The 17 counties are very near the Georgian capital of Atlanta, which is currently under flood watch. Today one person was reported dead in Tennessee, the first death outside of Georgia so far. Amazingly just a few months ago, Georgia was in the midst of a drought. The only way civilians can find their way out is by boat or by swimming; Atlanta’s Hartsfield airport has been closed due to the flooding. The weather authorities have said more rain is expected to fall in Georgia.

link to article:
http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/09/21/southeast.floods/index.html


1 comment:

  1. Floods are really scary. I never thought that floods could be so dangerous until I watched the discovery channel. I feel really bad for anybody having to live through that.

    ReplyDelete