WHO: California
WHERE: south California
WHEN: today
WHAT: wildfire
WHY: unknown reasons just yet
HOW: wildfire
When I saw this article I was very interested in it due to California having been known for having wildfires mainly in the summer. I wanted to learn how it started and how are the authorities are trying there best to try to stop it. After I read this article I read that the wildfire that the firemen are fighting is in southern California and is getting pretty close to Los Angeles. The authorities are evacuating residents that are dangerously close to the fire. The article said that 4,000 people live near the fire, with 1,000 people trying to evacuate. The authorities have opened evacuation centers for the people that will not have a house. The authorities are investigating how the fire started and have not announced yet when the evacuees can go back home.
article link:
http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/10/04/california.sheep.fire/index.html
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
California is a dangerous place to live! I would never live there.
ReplyDeleteThat is quite interesting, I have heard of the fires but hadn't put mind about it much.
ReplyDelete