Wednesday, November 4, 2009
My Story
About two years ago in 2007, I went back to New Zealand for a visit in July, and visited my ancestoral home in the southwest of the North Island of New Zealand. It took about three hours to drive from the capital, Wellington, to my ancestoral village of Koroniti. It sits on the bend of the Whanganui River. It is almost always misty around the village and the road to the village is very narrow and right next to the river, so if you swerve in a vehicle you can easily fall into the river. It was a rainy day and my brother, dad and I was in a car driving up to the village, it was a very misty day so you could not see well out of the window. I was every excited to be going to the village because I always enjoy my time there. We turned off the paved road and onto a muddy road, we could see the farm house where our grandmother lives and the sheep in the paddock. we slowed down and turned into the driveway and stopped and turned the car off. We got out and got our bags and went inside to greet our grandmother. We stayed there for about a week until leaving to go back to Wellington. I very much enjoyed my time there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment